ULTIMATE at Costco | Harley | Haltzman's Secrets | Looking for Black, Latino and Canadian Couples| Singles Scene | Brain Injured - 1/22/08

Smartmarriages smartmarriages at lists101.his.com
Tue Jan 22 18:27:20 EST 2008

- ROBBINS/MADANES ULTIMATE RELATIONSHIP PROGRAM AT COSTCO!!
- WILLARD HARLEY AT SMART MARRIAGES?
- SECRETS OF HAPPILY MARRIED WOMEN NOW IN BOOKSTORES
- SURVEY: AFRICAN AMERICAN AND LATINO COUPLES NEEDED
- CANADIAN COUPLES NEEDED
- TROUBLES IN THE ONLINE DATING WORLD
- MARRIAGE AND COUPLES EDUCATION WITH BRAIN INJURED ADULTS?

#####################

- ROBBINS/MADANES ULTIMATE RELATIONSHIP PROGRAM AT COSTCO!!

> Diane, Just want to let you know Chloe Madanes ,Tony Robbins kept their word
> About reducing the price of the The Ultimate Relationship Program and offering
> it for sale at Costco & Sams Club!
> I bought it today for $58 (six DVDs and four CDs) to give as a wedding shower
> gift. Apparently it may only be for a limited time. We should
> try to pass the word and support this effort, to do what you're always trying
> to get done - "get the stuff out there".
> Margaret George
> Pleasantville, NY

In SF, Cloe Madanes will present a Sat Keynote and a full-day institute
(Sun) on presenting the Ultimate Relationship program in your communities.
And, they'll have an exhibit to purchase the programs. In the meantime, I'm
snipping this from their ad in the Smart Marriages brochure - a limited time
offer to visit their website and view a complete Utlimate Relationship DVD
for FREE:
> SEE A FULL-LENGTH FILM ONLINE FOR FREE!(a $19 value) Go to
> www.FreeTonyFilm.com Coupon Code: CMFCE

#####################
- WILLARD HARLEY AT SMART MARRIAGES?

Diane,
I see the full schedule is now published for San Francisco.  Last year in
Denver I attend the Willard Harley awards banquet keynote.  After the
banquet you told me he'd be presenting an Institute this year in San
Francisco.  I don't see an institute. I was really counting on that.
Ed

Harley decided he'd rather present workshops instead of an Institute.
He says he'll cover the same material in the three workshops that you'd get
in the institute.

> 201
> His Needs, Her Needs and Love Busters - TOOB
> Willard Harley, PhD
> These two home-study courses make up the Marriage Builders Recovery Program
> and teach couples how to make Love Bank deposits, how to avoid making
> withdrawals, and, if followed, are guaranteed to solve any marital problem.

> 405
> Marriage Builders Accountability Program
> Willard Harley, PhD
> It¹s one thing to teach marriage skills, another to motivate couples to follow
> through. This interactive, internet-based program holds both couples and
> instructors accountable and builds success.

> 505
> Marriage Builders: Applications
> Willard Harley, PhD
> Learn how the Marriage Builders Home Study and Accountability programs have
> been adapted for use in other cultures including with black and Latino
> couples.

Just register for the three workshops.  I also suggest you might want to
order this special DVD available now on his website, a good pre-conference
primer to understand his concepts.  - diane

--------
HARLEY'S BASIC CONCEPTS FOR MARRIAGE DVD ONLY $9.95

Why do people fall in love?
Why do they fall out of love?
What do they want most in marriage?
How can a bad marriage become a
great marriage?
How can the feeling of romantic love be sustained
throughout a lifetime?

*The Basic Concepts for Marriage DVD* is a great opportunity to better
understand Dr. Harley's approach to helping couples learn how to have a
mutually enjoyable marriage.

If you or your spouse is reluctant to believe that there is a way for your
marriage to become great, then this is what you need to better understand
the basics of how it can be done. (run time: 104 minutes - 1 disc)

Retail $19.95 - Your Price $9.95 (Save 50%). Order at:
http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi6020_basicsdvd.html

##########################
- SECRETS OF HAPPILY MARRIED WOMEN NOW IN BOOKSTORES

Scott Haltzman's *The Secrets of Happily Married Women: How to
Get More Out of Your Relationship by Doing Less* is now in bookstores.

You can tell I loved it and highly recommend it as a wedding shower gift:
> "Buy this book! Then keep it handy, like on the shelf next to your most
> treasured cookbooks. (Although, as it makes clear, the way to your man's
> heart is not through his stomach.) Myths busted. Mystery solved. No more
> anxiety. It turns out you've already got what it takes, you just need to get
> out of your own way and start blooming where you're planted with a man who
> really does want to love you." ­ Diane Sollee, founder and director,
> Smartmarriages.com

Redbook agrees and will feature the book in their Feb Valentine's Day issue!
And, Scott will be book touring the country - catch him at your local
Marriage Week celebration or on radio or tv.

Or, catch up with him in SF where he will sign books at both his secrets of
happily married people sessions in San Francisco.  His Secrets of Happily
Married Men session, is FOR MEN ONLY ­  a kind of let their hair down and
laugh as they learn sessions....that I'm always so pleased I can listen to
on CD.

> 803 - Saturday
> Win Your Wife¹s Heart Forever
> Scott Haltzman, MD
> If we can build skyscrapers and land on Mars, we can also figure out how to
> succeed at marriage. Eight Secrets From Happily Married Men on how to win ­
> and keep ­ the prize. For men only.

#######################

- SURVEY: AFRICAN AMERICAN AND LATINO COUPLES NEEDED

Ms. Sollee,
I am a graduate student in clinical psychology.  My dissertation examines
the predictors of relationship satisfaction in African American and Latino
couples.  My study is an online survey which provides couples with feedback
about their relationship (how they score on various measures of relationship
functioning compared to the average).  Participants can take the survey in
either Spanish or English.  Couples will also be invited to take the survey
a second and third time and will be given a $5 gift certificate for
participation. Any help you could give on recruiting couples would be much
appreciated. If you can post the survey on your list, please ask others to
forward to their lists as well.
Rebecca Osterhout

The Healthy Relationships Project Quiz:
http://marriage.binghamton.edu/healthyrelationships/

-This completely voluntary ONLINE questionnaire & is FREE

-Takes 20-30 minutes to complete

-Offers detailed relationship FEEDBACK based on your responses

- Provides feedback on 6 empirically validated measures

- Lets you invite your partner/spouse to participate

- Provides detailed feedback and allows you to compare your responses for
     similarities and differences.

- Includes 2 FOLLOW-UP surveys

- Follow-up surveys occur 3 and 6 months after the initial survey

- After you complete a follow-up survey you will receive revised feedback
and you will be able to see how your relationship has changed over time

If you enjoy this survey it would also be great if you could forward this
email to any friends or family who are also in relationships and might be
willing to complete the survey.

Click for survey:
http://marriage.binghamton.edu/healthyrelationships/

########################
- CANADIAN COUPLES NEEDED

##########################

- TROUBLES IN THE ONLINE DATING WORLD

> Hi Dianne:
>
> How about a smart dating-after-divorce course, because I have just come
> off a dating-relationship sunami of sorts & please, please is there
> someone out there who can teach people to be a little bit kinder with
> women's hearts?
>
> The online dating scene is brutal these days.  Some of them are
> expensive in cost & some of them expensive in wear and tear on your
> heart.  Men can so easily disappear from a real-time relationship then go
> back into an obscure zero-dimensional online place and then just hide
> behind the shrouds of an email when they just cannot face explaining why
> they stopped caring about you....Its really brutal, and believe me
> really painful.....almost like a dual existence.
>
> I feel very strongly that people need to be educated in areas of the
> heart, and to just be kind to one another....
>
> Loving-Kindness in Big Doses...Definitely Needed out there!
>
> Yee-Gads, the pain I have endured in my last relationship closely
> resembles the pain I endured at the end of my 1st marriage...the biggest
> difference, no children to worry about, so Thank God for that, but the
> pain & the worry & the uncertainty & the torture....that part very
> brutal.
>
> Someone has got to teach people how to date, before everyone's heart
> gets broken....its just too painful.
>
> Any thoughts?  - JC

My first thought is that there are some wonderful DATING courses available.

My second is how to get men to take them???  Would the online sites -
eHarmony, Match.com, Jdate, etc, want to offer an online dating course?  Or,
maybe they do??  Or, maybe you can make this your project - help them put
the new RE course for singles on some site - it focuses on teaching EMPATHY
and sounds like just what you're talking about.

My third, is this is more info that we need to get to struggling married
folks - you might be going through a down, brown patch, but it's not all
green grass out in the dating world.  Plenty of reasons to work on the
relationship you're in.

I've from MANY women who complain that men are being ruined by the fact that
millions of women are *available to men ONLINE* - that the men seem like
they almost don't want the relationship to work so they can get back online,
back to that huge field of available cows.....

This course will be presented on Thurs at the SF Smart Marriages conference.

> 206
> Journey to Love for ³Singles Again² ­ TOOB
> MP Wylie, PhD
> Whether divorced, widowed, or ending a long relationship, success rests on
> making wise choices throughout the dating process. Learn the critical steps
> for defining ­ and finding ­ what you¹re really looking for.

#######################

- MARRIAGE AND COUPLES EDUCATION WITH BRAIN INJURED ADULTS?

If you can help her, have adapted marriage ed programs to this or a similar
population, please email Dotty, not me. - diane

> Hi Diane,
> Below is a message asking me for resources for romantic
> relationships for brain injured adults. I'm hoping someone on
> the list has recommendations. She is a sharp young woman,
> who has had a TBI herself, and works with brain injured adults.  I know of
> nothing specifically for the TBI population.
> Dotty Decker, LMSW, LMFT
> Plymouth, MI
> d.h.decker at juno.com
> & Telephone Coach for www.divorcebusting.com
>>>>>>>>>>
> Hi Dotty,
>
>> Would you happen to be able to recommend
>> resources re: strengthening (romantic) relationship
>> for brain-injured persons?  I am in communication with
>> several adults who have been living with brain injury
>> for some time, now; a few of the older adults are
>> married (I don't know at what time these persons
>> acquired the head injury), and the younger men are not
>> attached (but they'd like to be).  ...I will of course
>> look on-line, but was wondering if you happened to
>> have suggestions for a more basic introductory guide.
>> Thanks for sharing!

in the column under the puzzle piece.

Please respect our copyright. If you wish to use any of our content send an
email to request permission.

Send submissions and comments for the listserv to: diane at smartmarriages.com

PLEASE include your email address or url as part of your signature.

Please also understand that with thousands of subscribers, not all comments
can be shared. Also realize that opinions expressed are not necessarily
shared by members of the Coalition.

To read past posts to the newslist, visit the Archive at:

12th Annual Smart Marriages® Conference, Hilton San Francisco Hotel,
July 2 - 5, 2008
Pre-Conference Training Institutes June 30-July 2
Post-Conference Training Institutes July 6

List your program and resources on the Directory of Classes at