Get Hitched! | DV | Michigan | Jobs Northwest | Conference Questions - 1/09/08

Smartmarriages smartmarriages at lists101.his.com
Thu Jan 10 00:10:22 EST 2008

- OPPORTUNITY: FREE LISTINGS ON HITCHED.COM CALENDAR!!
- BUILDING BRIDGES: DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
- MARRIAGE QUOTES PAGE SUGGESTION
- MARRIAGE WEEK EXAMPLE: MICHIGAN
- TWO MARRIAGE JOBS AT FAMILIES NORTHWEST
- CONFERENCE REGISTRATION QUESTION
- ROOMMATES
- POSTCARDS - I MEAN BROCHURES!

#################

- OPPORTUNITY: FREE LISTINGS ON HITCHED.COM CALENDAR!!

Hitched.com publishes a calendar on their site to list marriage-related
EVENTS and invites all Smart Marriage members to list events for FREE.
Hitched just updated their site so they apologize that the 2008 calendar
looks quite bare. True, but they've got the Smart Marriages annual
conference listed.  See the conference listing in July 2008 an example of
the format. The calendar is accessible from http://www.hitchedmag.com. To
list, send an email to co-founder, Steve Cooper: scooper at hitchedmag.com
(scooper "at" hitchedmag.com)

##################
- BUILDING BRIDGES: DOMESTIC VIOLENCE

> Diane,
> I second the Marline Pearson recommendation that listserv participants read
> the Building Bridges article. It provides a good guide to begin thinking about
> how the domestic violence, healthy marriage, and responsible fatherhood fields
> can better understand each other and work together towards common goals:
> http://www.clasp.org/publications/building_bridges_guide.pdf
> Esha Clearfield
> Healthy Marriage Policy Coordinator
> Texas Council on Family Violence

######################

- MARRIAGE QUOTES PAGE SUGGESTION

I receive so many emails....and am able to share so few.  Here's one that
gives you some of the sense of the variety and flavor that comes across my
screen.  This one in a suggestion for the Marriage Quotes page. - d

####################
- MARRIAGE WEEK EXAMPLE: MICHIGAN

>>> Diane,
>>> Somewhere I read or heard that Scott Haltzman (one of the best presenters at
>>> the Denver conference from my perspective), was speaking in Michigan on
>>> February 15 in connection with Marriage Week. Do you have details and a
>>> contact? I would appreciate.
>>> Denis B. Naeger

You saw that on the SmartMarriages listserv, but rather than just send you
that notice again, I'll check with Scott Haltzman and see if he has updates.
I'll also share all this with the list to 1) show what others are  planning
to celebrate Marriage Week and 2) to encourage attendance at this Michigan
event.  Send me your Marriage Week updates and I'll post them on the website
under Marriage Week Celebrations. BTW, Scott is presenting several times in
San Francisco, including a Masters Session on his NEW book on the Secrets of
Happily Married Women.  -diane

> Hi Denis,
> Diane passed on your email to me. She also passed on your very fine complement
> about my Smart Marriages presentation. Thank you!
> Here's what's happening in the Detroit area. Hope you can make it.
> Scott Haltzman
>
> National Marriage Week Dinner
> The Marriage Resource Center invites you to the 1st Annual National Marriage
> Week Dinner. The celebration will include live entertainment, delicious food
> and art vendors. The Marriage Resource Center will honor couples in attendance
> as well as share the values and benefits of healthy marriage for men, women,
> and children in our communities.
>
> When: Friday, February 15, 2008
> Place: University of Michigan - Dearborn Campus Kochoff Hall
> Time: 6 pm
>
> * I have set up a "Roundtable" for Scott Haltzman on the 15th from 12noon -3pm
> and have invited over 100 therapist and counselors in the region as well as
> students from six local universities and colleges to participate.
>
> * The MC is a local personality, Paul Edwards talk host on Salem
> Communications WLQV/WDTK of which we will have commercials running on their
> stations 2/4-2/8 (78- sixty second)
> Paul has his own show and has agreed to interview you as well.
>
> * Our musical guest for the dinner is internationally known Alexander Zonjic
> and Friends
>
> For additional information, sponsorship opportunities or tickets, contact Pam
> Hudson at: (313) 278 - 4400.
> email: mrcmarketingpam at yahoo.com
#####################
- TWO MARRIAGE JOBS AT FAMILIES NORTHWEST

I just posted to job announcements, check them out at:
http://www.smartmarriages.com/jobs.html

####################
- CONFERENCE REGISTRATION QUESTION

> Hi Diane
> My husband and I are planning to attend the conference in July and have booked
> our room and are about to book our plane tickets.  I am wondering when we
> will be able to register for the conference and if there could be a problem
> registering and we would not be able to get a refund on our plane tickets?
> Karen D
> New York

The entire program and registration materials will be on the website
sometime in late Feb.  The brochures will be mailed in March.

I absolutely guarantee that if you register by the end of April you will
have NO problem registering.

Because it's San Francisco (at the incredible $115 rate at our hotel!) and
the July 4th weekend (flights sell out early), you do want to make your
reservations as early as possible.

BE SURE you check the pre and post conference Institutes BEFORE you make
your airline reservations. They're wonderful and open to everyone - public
and professionals.  The Institutes are all posted, so you can see when you
need to plan to arrive and depart:
http://www.smartmarriages.com/institutes.html

The Program-At-A-Glance is also posted.  It's exciting!
http://www.smartmarriages.com/program.html

- diane
######################
- ROOMMATES

> Diane,
> I hope you're running the wonderful roommate matching service again this year.
> I don't know how you do it but know that those of us that use it really
> appreciate it.  I'd like to send my information.  I've reserved a double room
> and would like to find one or more women to split the costs. You might let the
> list know.
> C.C.

Yes, that info is on the website.  Click conference and it's right in the
middle of the page.  - diane

######################
-  POSTCARDS - I MEAN BROCHURES!
> Diane,
> I've distributed all the little yellow conference postcards you sent me and
> could use 50 more.
> Andy

Thanks for your kind offer and your help, but the postcards are all gone.
You can download the conference flier and distribute those:
http://www.smartmarriages.com/uploaded/Flyer.SF.11.30.pdf

OR, the brochures will be available in two months....if I live that long.
Just kidding, it's coming along.  Just let me know how many you think you
can distribute.  In fact, I should copy this to the list and ASK EVERYONE TO
START SENDING ME ORDERS FOR HOW MANY BROCHURES THEY WANT ME TO SHIP THEM IN
MARCH.   - diane

in the column under the puzzle piece.

Please respect our copyright. If you wish to use any of our content send an
email to request permission.

Send submissions and comments for the listserv to: diane at smartmarriages.com

PLEASE include your email address or url as part of your signature.

Please also understand that with thousands of subscribers, not all comments
can be shared. Also realize that opinions expressed are not necessarily
shared by members of the Coalition.

To read past posts to the newslist, visit the Archive at:

12th Annual Smart Marriages® Conference, Hilton San Francisco Hotel,
July 2 - 5, 2008
Pre-Conference Training Institutes June 30-July 2
Post-Conference Training Institutes July 6

List your program and resources on the Directory of Classes at