Obesity replies - 2/07

Smartmarriages smartmarriages at lists101.his.com
Wed Feb 14 10:54:23 EST 2007

I am not able to share all replies - will not share those that requested to
remain anonymous and can't send the ones with attachments to the list, and
there are just too many to share them all. So will share a "representative"
sample and then end this thread.  - diane

(In case you missed the original post from the husband complaining about his
wife's obesity:
http://lists101.his.com/pipermail/smartmarriages/2007-February/003292.html )

----------------------------------
>> Anyone have anything constructive that might help him?  -  diane

> Diane,
> This is a very good case of an individual with the need for an "attractive
> spouse". One of the 10 basics needs of individuals  according to Dr. Willard
> Harley in his book  "His Needs Her Needs".  I can tell you the BEST thing for
> this couple would be to attend a Dynamic Marriage course! I have seen it work
> time and time again. Let him contact www.familydynamics.org for locations and
> schedules. I facilitate this class in SE WI.
>
> I could list some things they could do but in a class room setting, with the
> accountability to this course, this couple is better off doing the course for
> long term results. It will allow them both to discover needs and how to meet
> them.
> Jeff Poplawski
> CornerStone Couples

Yep, me too.  I immediately referred this husband to Dr Harley's website.
Willard Harley, btw, will receive the Smart Marriages Impact Award at the
Denver Conference.  Do not miss his BANQUET keynote: "His Needs, Her Needs"
Fri night June 29.  Also, want to point out the name "CORNERSTONE Couples"
in Jeff's signature. It so perfectly sums it up: "Good marriages form the
foundation - the cornerstone! - for not just kids and families but
communities."  Wish I'd thought of that one. Brilliant. And, I also want to
alert you to a session at the Denver conference that was very well attended
in Atlanta. There is clearly a need for this teach-out-of-the-box/Toob
program:

> 806
> Healthy Marriage Weight Loss Program ­ TOOB
> Aaron Larson
> Certify to present this program that teaches couples how to lose weight and
> strengthen their marriages at the same time.

- diane

#################################

------------------------------

------------------------------

---------------------------------

---------------------------

**************************
Send submissions and comments for the listserv to: diane at smartmarriages.com

PLEASE include your email address or url as part of your signature.

Please also understand that with thousands on the list, not all comments can
be shared. Also realize that opinions expressed are not necessarily shared
by members of the Coalition.

use the form at: http://www.smartmarriages.com. Click Newslist - in the
column under the puzzle piece.

To read past posts to the newsletter, visit the Archive at:
http://archives.his.com/smartmarriages/

11th Annual Smart Marriages Conference, Denver Adam's Mark Hotel,
June 28-July 1, 2007
Pre-Conference Training Institutes June 26-28

List your program and resources on the Directory of Classes at

cmfce at smartmarriages.com