Singlehood Phenomenon/Have Resume, will travel? /Haltzman on Jealousy/ You can't marry Jethro.../ Why Spanish? - 10/06

Smartmarriages smartmarriages at lists101.his.com
Wed Oct 25 09:57:31 EDT 2006

- BEV & TOM RODGERS NEW BOOK, THE SINGLEHOOD PHENOMENON, NOW IN BOOKSTORES
- WORKSHOP SPACE IN NY CITY?
- WANT TO WORK IN THE MARRIAGE EDUCATION FIELD AND WILLING TO RELOCATE?
- REDBOOK: HALTZMAN ON JEALOUSY
- VAN EPP FEATURED BANQUET SPEAKER AT GEORGIA CHMI
- YOU CAN'T MARRY JETHRO WITHOUT GETTING' THE CLAMPETTS: CHAPTER 8
- COMMENT ON CREATING SPANISH LANGUAGE PROGRAMS

########################
- BEV & TOM RODGERS NEW BOOK, THE SINGLEHOOD PHENOMENON, NOW IN BOOKSTORES

Tah Dah!  Tom and Bev are two of the highest rated, most appreciated
presenters at the Smart Marriages annual conference.  Their latest book,
"The Singlehood Phenomenon: Ten Brutally Honest Reasons Singles Aren't
Getting Married (NavPress) identifies the reasons singles stay single.
Listen for them on your local radio or television station as they start a
media blitz this week. Their mission is to help singles overcome the fear of
marriage. They address such issues as:
A poor understanding of the nature and purpose of marriage
Fear of getting hurt
Confusion about the rules of dating
Wanting a perfect mate

Order for only $12.95 at www.Barnes&Nobels.com and get them to sign the book
at the Denver Smart Marriages conference at their exhibit or in their
workshops.

##########################
- WORKSHOP SPACE IN NY CITY?
Carolyn Perla is looking for a location to teach the world-renowned PAIRS
marriage education course and will trade class scholarships in exchange for
free or subsidized rent.  Contact her if you've got ideas:
212-769-1837

###########################
- WANT TO WORK IN THE MARRIAGE EDUCATION FIELD AND WILLING TO RELOCATE?

OK, I give in.  I'm getting calls from successful marriage grant recipients
that want to hire. They want someone that KNOWS MARRIAGE EDUCATION, has been
to the conference, is on this e-listserv - someone I would recommend.  If
ANY of you fit the bill and would be able to relocate, email a brief
one-page resume and I'll see if I can make some recommendations and matches.
Email to: diane at smartmarriages.com (diane "at" smartmarriages.com)

############################
- REDBOOK: HALTZMAN ON JEALOUSY

Several of you emailed to let me know that Redbook didn't just have that
little one-page piece on "What is Marriage Education", but if you just flip
over a few more pages you come to MARRIAGE MAKEOVER: "His Jealousy is Out of
Control" featuring Scott Haltzman, author of The Secrets of Happily Married
Men.  Nice three-page feature with "advice from the expert" on how to handle
a workplace "friendship" and stay a happily married man.  Starts on page
100.  Scott will present at the Denver Smart Marriages conference.  Get the
book now and get it signed in Denver.  - diane

############################
- VAN EPP FEATURED BANQUET SPEAKER AT GEORGIA CHMI

I'm told that this Whitfield/Murray Marriage Initiative (WMMI)banquet will
be a huge success with 200 tickets already sold.
Featuring International Speaker and Author: John Van Epp, Author of "How to
Avoid Marrying a Jerk", Thurs Oct 26 in Dalton, Georgia.
To register: 706-260-1091
Purpose: To Celebrate Healthy Marriages, to encourage our Pastors &
Leaders to continue lifting up and valuing marriage,  and to inform the
community of WMMI's progress and marriage strengthening opportunities.

I share this to inspire other CHMIs to get busy organizing your Marriage
Week and Black Marriage Day celebrations and fund-raising events!

There are so many great speakers, but for info on contacting Van Epp, visit
his website www.nojerks.com and to further inspire you to visit I'll include
another excerpt from the book that is available there. - diane
###############################
- YOU CAN'T MARRY JETHRO WITHOUT GETTING' THE CLAMPETTS: CHAPTER 8

Childhood experiences are some of the strongest predictors of what your mate
will be like as a spouse and parent. How to Avoid Marrying a Jerk gives you
the tools you need to understand your partner's character based on
compatibility, relationships skills, friends, and patterns from family and
previous Relationships and helps you simply and succinctly identify-and
break-destructive dating patterns, especially those learned from childhood.
visit www.nojerks.com and buy it for your favorite young adult....might save
a lot of grief down the line.

##############################

- COMMENT ON CREATING SPANISH LANGUAGE PROGRAMS

I got enough comments like this, to print one as representative.  Imagine it
reflects how people are feeling about the upcoming elections as much as
anything else.  - diane

> Why are you catering to Spanish speakers? LEGAL immigrants come here expecting
> to assimilate into our culture normally and they usually learn to speak
> English before they arrive or soon after.
>
> ILLEGAL ALIENS often do no such things and it is they whom American citizens
> are expected to cater to with Press 1 for English and 2 for Spanish nonesense.
>
> The dual language goes way beyond debit machines at grocery stores and banks.
> American taxpayers are seeing school documents/handbooks and much
> more being printed in both English and Spanish now.
>
> If they refuse to speak English, send em on home.  If they came here illegally
> send them on home regardless and prevent they from ever applying for legal
> status. - Ann Tyron

Newsletter - in the column under the puzzle piece.

Please respect our copyright. If you wish to use any of our content send an
email and request permission.

indicate if your response is NOT to be shared with the list.  PLEASE include
your email address in with your signature.

11th Annual Smart Marriages Conference, Denver Adam's Mark Hotel,
June 28-July 1, 2007
Pre-Conference Training Institutes June 26-28

List your program in the Directory of Classes at
http://www.smartmarriages.com

Order conference audio & videos/CD/DVD/MP3s: 800-241-7785 or at

5310 Belt Rd NW
Washington, DC 20015-1961
diane at smartmarriages.com