Africa/Couple Communication/Marriage Savers/Infidelity-6/04

Smart Marriages ® cmfce at smartmarriages.com
Thu Jun 17 23:44:09 EDT 2004

subject: Africa/Couple Communication/Marriage Savers/Infidelity-6/04

from: Smart Marriages®

- TRAINING FOR AFRICANS
- COUPLE COMMUNICATION SCHOLARSHIPS FOR PROFESSORS
- ENTHUSIASM FOR MARRIAGE
- THAT MARRIAGE SAVERS BANQUET?
- MARRIAGE SAVERS CBS SAGA - AND A NEW DVD
- GENE THERAPY FOR INFIDELITY??
- AND, TO MAKE PEGGY'S POINT ABOUT CHOICE

######################
- TRAINING FOR AFRICANS

#################
 - COUPLE COMMUNICATION SCHOLARSHIPS FOR PROFESSORS

> Full scholarships are available for college and university professors in the
> 2-day COUPLE COMMUNICATION marriage education program taught by Sherod Miller
> at various locations around the country including the 2-day preconference
> institute at Smart Marriages July 7 & 8.  For dates/locations/details and how
> to apply call 303-674-2051 or email icp at comskills.com or visit the COUPLE
> COMMUNICATION exhibit booth at the Dallas Smart Marriages conference.

#################
- ENTHUSIASM FOR MARRIAGE

I just got this message from Julie Baumgardner. Maybe the tide is turning!?
I strongly encourage you to stay for the post-institute training institute
#908 First Things First..this team will tell you how to build this kind of
enthusiasm and optimism about marriage in your community and your
congregation. - diane

##################
- THAT MARRIAGE SAVERS BANQUET?

> I know you sent information about how to register for the Marriage Savers
> Banquet and I can't find what I did with it and I can't find a word about it
> in the Smart Marriages conference brochure and I called your registration
> company and they didn't know anything about it either. I had hoped I could
> just add it to my conference registration.  Did you say the dinner was $36?
> Does that include a meal or is that just to hear the speaker? And, HOW CAN I
> register?  It turns out I'll be there Wed night in time to attend.
> Sandy

It's true there is no info about it in the conference brochure - it's an
add-on event.  I'll again give the registration company the info - sorry for
the run-around.  YES, the dinner is only $36 and includes the speaker
(Richard Albertson on Men and Marriage) - it even includes a glass of wine.
No way you can eat a full dinner w/ salad, dessert, coffee and wine for $36
inclusive.  No tax, no tip.  Plus hear a great speaker.  Plus begin
networking with other Smart Marriages conference attendees.  However, you
must register in advance and you can't register through Smart Marriages. To
register, call Marriage Savers at 301-469-5870.  - diane

#####################

#########################
- GENE THERAPY FOR INFIDELITY??

>From the article you sent to the list:
>Could the day come when a simple bit of gene therapy might cure infidelity?

Dear Diane,
Humans don't necessarily need "gene therapy" to prevent them from having
affairs. A good dose of "honesty" (truth serum, anyone?) would accomplish
the same results - since it's not the desire (or not) to have affairs that
determines their actions so much as the willingness to deceive their spouse.

People don't have affairs just because they WANT to (for whatever reason).
They only ACT on that WANT if they're prepared to LIE about taking the
action.

I've always found the debate as to whether humans are naturally monogamous
(which "gene therapy" might address) to miss the point - in that humans can
CHOOSE how to behave in a way that most other animals do not.

Sincerely,
Peggy Vaughan
peggy at dearpeggy.com
http://www.dearpeggy.com

###################
- AND, TO MAKE PEGGY'S POINT ABOUT CHOICE:

>> Diane, This may seem all and good for a future of curing autism, and for
>> controlling promiscouse behaviour in humans. However I see a distinction in
>> these two issues, autism is possibly an undisirable disease which requires
>> address, but monogamy is a choice that empowered humans have the right to
>> choose or not, therefor if it is to be controlled by gene modification are we
>> mot removing the freedom of choice that individuals have the right to make? -
>> Gene Davis

Newsletter - right under the puzzle piece.

Please respect our copyright. If you wish to use any of our content send an
email and request permission.

indicate if your response is NOT to be shared with the list.  PLEASE include
your email address in with your signature.

8th Annual Smart Marriages Conference, Adam's Mark Dallas July 8 - 11, 2004
Pre and Post Conference Training Institutes July 6 - 14, 2004
Subscribe to the free e-newslist at www.smartmarriages.com
List your program in the Directory of Classes at www.smartmarriages.com
Order conference audio and video tapes at 800-241-7785 or at playbacknow.com

www.smartmarriages.com