[PC-BH-Integration] Seeking Internship Opportunity; Greater Cincinnati area

Teresa Jacobson jacobsont2 at mymail.nku.edu
Sun Feb 19 12:37:55 EST 2012

Hello,

I am a graduate student at Northern Kentucky University who has done much research in the field of counseling in an integrated setting, particularly for the chronic illness and chronic pain populations. I am in search of a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor in the Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati/Southeastern Indiana area, presently working in an integrated care model, who might be willing to supervise me for internship beginning May of 2012.

Because I am passionate about working with those with chronic illness and chronic pain and I truly believe in the integrated approach for this population, I would love to be part of the momentum that is building throughout the country. I believe this approach will not only promote greater outcomes for treatment for the chronic pain and chronic illness populations, reduce stigma for this suffering population, but also provide more opportunities for all behavioral health professionals. I would love to be part of this great movement.

If there is anyone in the general Cincinnati area who can help me along the path to becoming a clinician in Primary Behavioral Health, I would love to explore any opportunities.

Sincerely,

Teresa Jacobson

Graduate Student

Northern Kentucky University

Clinical Mental Health Counseling

(859) 640-8726

jacobsont2 at nku.edu<mailto:jacobsont2 at nku.edu>

Teresa Jacobson

After twenty years as a Patient Advocate, Teresa Jacobson decided to take advocacy to another level and entered the Clinical Mental Health program at Northern Kentucky University with the goal of receiving her Master’s Degree and becoming a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor. Teresa's research regarding counseling the chronic pain population has lead to a submitted manuscript, and a joint-presentation October, 2011, with the Kentucky Counseling Association. Currently in her Practicum semester, Teresa is co-leading a Chronic Disease Self Management Program in the Northern Kentucky Region. A peer mentor with the Nu Kappa division of Chi Sigma Iota, Teresa is a member of the American Mental Health Counselors Association, American Counseling Association, Kentucky Counseling Association, Association for Adult Development and Aging, Association for Multicultural Counseling and Development, Association for Spiritual, Ethical, and Religious Values in Counseling, Counselors for Social Justice, American Rehabilitation Counseling Association, and International Association of Addictions and Offenders Counselors.