William Henry Whalen

CBright10 at aol.com CBright10 at aol.com
Sun Apr 30 22:09:41 EDT 2000

I am seeking information on the espionage activities of William Henry Whalen
(Lt. Col, United States Army) who pled guilty in 1966 of charges related to
the provision of sensitive materials to the Soviet Union between 1959-61.

The most extensive treatment of his activities that I know of is in Linda
Hunt, "Secret Agenda."  Marchetti and Marks "CIA and Cult of Intelligence"
also makes some reference to him.  Richelson relies on Hunt.

Although interested in any material, I am especially seeking specific
information about what data Whalen is alleged to have compromised to the
Soviets and whether Whalen is still alive, having been sentenced in 1966 to
15 years imprisonment.  In addition to secondary accounts, I seek advice on
locating any relevant declassified primary source materials.

List members can contact me on the list or off-line at the below-listed
e-mail, at the discretion of the co-directors.

Christopher Bright

CBright10 at aol.com
703.319.7816
703.319.7815 Fax